Pages

January 6-12, 2014

We are both feeling much better this week.  Because school was still out this week, for the holidays, we sought for and found 8 of our students.  Most were positive visits with promises that they would attend our class.  Some were indifferent and on one visit we only met the grandmother.  She claimed "Oh, I know about you people.  The family is not interested and they are attending another church."  We'll try again when grandma's not home.

We had 10 in attendance this morning in our SS class--two for the first time.  One of the 17 year olds we found this week came to class.  She is a darling girl, Tiana, and we hope we can encourage her to attend each week.  Her older sister goes to the Institute here and the singles ward. Tiana's sister is now engaged to be married in August in the Reno Temple.  We found her through the Institute program.  The girls have a non-member mother and an inactive father.

We just wish we knew how to put some fire under some of these parents and their youth.  They seem like they want to get back to church but when it come to actually attending that's another thing.  Pray that as we represent the Lord well and that we can make a difference.

Our mission recitation this month is a quote I love from Elder Bruce R. McConkie;
I am called of God.  My authority is above that of kings of he earth.  By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.  My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my words are His words and my doctrine is His doctrine.  My Commission is to do what He wants done, To say what he wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.  How great is my calling!

Tuesday was transfer day again--every 6 weeks.  Our favorite Elder Miller was moved to Denton, NV and we will miss him.  He was good to work with in the Red Hill Ward.  He is on the right.


Transfer day with the whole parking lot full of cars and bike racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment